- 2 hearts romaine lettuce
- 1 pound jumbo fully cooked shrimp, from the seafood counter in market
- 1 rotisserie chicken, available in many markets
- 4 heaping tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste, optional (But it tastes better with it in. If you think you don't like anchovies, try them in this sauce. They just taste salty and yummy!)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, a few handfuls
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper, eyeball the amount in the palm of your hand: 1 teaspoon is equal to about 1/3 of a palm full
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, pour to the count of 4
Cut bottoms off the romaine and cut the heads in half lengthwise. Wash lettuce and separate the leaves. Let it dry in the dish draining rack while you prepare the rest of the menu.
Remove the tails from the shrimp and place the shrimp in a bowl or, pack for travel, if this is a picnic meal.
To remove the chicken meat from the chicken, cut the chicken breasts off first. Cut the legs and thighs off using kitchen scissors to help you. Slice the meat up on an angle. Arrange on a plate or in a plastic container.
Place mayonnaise, garlic, lemon, anchovy paste, cheese, Worcestershire and pepper into the blender and turn it on. Stream the extra-virgin olive oil into the dressing through center of the lid. When the oil is combined, remove the thick dressing with a spatula to a bowl or a portable plastic container.
Place lettuce on a serving platter or pack in large plastic bag or container to travel.
To assemble, spread dressing onto a lettuce leaf. Fill leaf with a large shrimp or sliced cold chicken, like a lettuce taco, and eat!
To pack for picnic, take the romaine hearts in plastic food storage bags. Pack the shrimp and cut chicken in separate bags and pack dressing in small plastic container.