5 STARS. I got this recipe from a close friend. I loved it immediately. It's an Indian dish that has a rich creamy sauce that melts in your mouth. I serve it over rice with naan bread. I have never had anyone walk away from this dish without 2nd or 3rd helpings...it's really that good! Below I posted a "healthier" option if you can feel your butt getting bigger just as you read, but it's sooo worth it!
1 C butter
1 onion, minced
1 T minced garlic
1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
3 C heavy cream
2 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp garam masala
1 1/2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
2 T veg oil
2 T tandoori
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Melt a few tablespoons of butter in skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook slowly until the onion caramelizes to a dark brown, about 15 min.
3. Meanwhile melt the remaining butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat along with the tomato sauce, heavy cream, salt, cayenne pepper, and garam masala. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low; cover, simmer for 30 min. stirring occasionally. Then stir in caramelized onions.
4. While the sauce is simmering, toss cubed chicken breast with veg oil until coated, then season with tandoori and spread out onto baking sheet.
5. Bake chicken in preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 12 min. Once done, add the chicken to the sauce and simmer for 5 min before serving.
*Don't forget to cook your rice and heat up your naan bread just before serving.
use 1/4 c. of butter instead of 1c. and 1 can of evaporated skim milk instead of cream.